Soooo proud of my boy today. Ponied Ginger and Scooter off of him (first time ever ponying a horse behind him), and even when Scooter spooked, the Mustang stayed calm! Somehow he finally figured out how to turn barrels pretty darn well (except barrel 3, which was my fault, I'm so excited to get down there I forget to turn him). He usually has to stare them down and snort at them, leaving at least a 3 foot buffer between him the barrel. Today he was in it to win it for some reason. Then I rode him back from the new arena down PAVED Autumn Ridge Rd and Lager Ln BY HIMSELF (a little over a half mile of one lane hilly-ass road) with no spooking! Even when the neighbors stupid hounds flip out as we come over the hill back down towards the Hill's property! What a pro...
They just finished putting the sand/sawdust mixture to make the footing. I could FEEL Buddy's time off + Red Cell + Alfalfa + all the other groceries I dump into daily. "What's this boring trotting garbage mom? You know I can canter from a complete stand still quite easily. Here let me remind you..." He loves to remind me of all his potential I have yet to tap into. And yet with a soft pull and release, he stands quiet and focused, serenity he never found before he came down to Carbondale. Poor kid would never chill out. Those demons were lurking everywhere and if he stopped moving his feet they'd for SURE get him!
That's right Bud-
"Demons are prowling everywhere now a days.
But I'll send 'em howling. I've got ways" ;)
That's right Bud-
"Demons are prowling everywhere now a days.
But I'll send 'em howling. I've got ways" ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment