Thank you Auntie Megan for the Birthday present (well techinically its Mom's birthday present)! I've always wanted this fly bonnet but its one of those things I'd never splurge on for myself. Leave it to Megan to be just that thoughtful.
Feeling better every day about Buddy. He's so much calmer without the constant stress and distraction of the herd. He's back to being sweet and attentive. And he doesn't stand at the gate calling to them at all anymore. I turn him out and he goes right to eating. He's definitely found his "job" in life. Its like pulling teeth to get the horse to tow his ass around the arena on the flat, but either put him in a field or put jumps in front of him and its like someone lit a fire under his ass. Even at a walk he tows me toward the jumps and just stands by them. I don't even need to be on him I feel sometimes, I just get in the way. He'll jump because HE wants to. Such a refreshing sensation knowing we're doing what he truly loves. I think he'll really hit his stride in cross country, combining fields and "trail riding" with jumping. He's gonna lose his mind with happiness, but the thing with him is that he's always right there with his rider. He's such a willing to please horse that I thinking he'll be more careful and take his time more than take off like a mad man on XC. That's our next goal though, so we'll just have to see! Can't wait to spend every day with this summer... no distractions!
No comments:
Post a Comment